Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ...can anyone explain how to drop out rear bench seat ..need to put cover on seat..needs to come off to do it properly. Would appreciate it ..if anyone knows ....cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it ....lean over seat slide hand either side of catch under seat...one in the middle edge off both ends of seat and pull up vigorously. .seat pops out of catch...do one side first then other ...pretty stiff to do a really good yank required...then push seat backwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Astra K Sports Tourer and I have tried to drop out rear bench seat, because I would like to put cover on seat. But it seems impossible, it doesnt`t work to pull it in that way you say. It is stiff and does not move.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have leather seats.....run your finger under front edge of rear bench seat in the middle of each side is a catch ...to see the catch you need to lift material of seat and push carpet back down...get a hand each side of catch and pull up as hard as you can ..catch releases...then do other side of seat ...you do need a really good lift ,pull up...then monover the catch over the holes and push down to return seat catch ..you can feel it return and click back....hope this helps .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Still can't remove the rear bench. Could someone post some pictures too? Should it come off with a hard pull, nothing else is required? I can feel the catches on both sides, should those be pressed somehow at the same time when the bench is pulled up?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't put both hands on either side of catch, put them both to inside edge catch on middle seat side.

I did by standing outside the car, facing front of car, both hands to middle seat side of catch and give a good yank!.

Still having trouble? Insert a large tool like a large socket wrench or spanner, slide between bench and chassis on middle seat side of catch and lift up!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks, I have to give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob1125 said:
Got it ....

...then push seat backwards.
Thanks Bob. Just had seat covers arrive, searched everywhere online, got on the manufacturer's website's chat function, no help. Until I found your post. :cool:
The point about pushing the seat backwards was also really key - I had seen a quick video of the seat base being popped up by the seat cover manufacturer, but they didn't clearly show that it would still be caught on three catches that require the seat to be pushed rearwards (and upwards, in the case of the one under the middle seat). :)

Still not many Astra K's on the road down in my neck of the woods - my seat covers (and floor mats, and boot mat) came from the UK, as local aftermarket support is still tiny and the dealers know they've got a monopoly on such accessories. Astra K was launched here just over 12 months ago (December 1, 2016 - and you could still buy a new Astra J 3 door here in June 2017). Astra H was imported by Opel for about 12 months in 2012/13, but we generally didn't see Astra in Australia between 2006 and 2016 (Opel was trying to establish itself - it didn't happen - and Holden, the local GM brand, switched to Korean rubbish for most of its range in that time period, :roll: with the exception of the locally built Commodore (now deceased) and Cruze (same platform as Astra, locally manufactured (also deceased - no more Aussie-built cars), cheaper rear suspension) :( ). So it's great to be able to read an established forum showing what needs to be monitored.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.