Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 65 Plate Astra in Oct 18 with 7k miles on the clock. Last summer the clutch pedal started to stick. I took the car to my local garage where I have taken all my car's for years and the said the master and or slave cylinder had gone on my clutch so they replaced it for a small fortune as to access this on the turbo version it was a full gearbox strip. This was in sep 20. Now this has gone again. The car won't even go into gear now.

I know I have a 12 month warranty on the garage repair (I will contact them next if vauxhall totally rebuff me) but I fear there is something fundamentally wrong with the car after doing some searching and reading about the diesel recall. Exactly 30k miles on the clock and needing another clutch repair seems absolutely ludicrous.

I have attempted to contact vauxhall customer care and they had said someone would phone me (still waiting after 4 days, going to call them tomorrow)

Has anyone heard of the issue on the diesel affecting any petrol versions? Any general advice for getting vauxhall to help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unfortunately there are quite a few reports of this problem on 1.4 and other Astra's. You only have to look through this forum to see a few, and there have been a number of other reports on Facebbok groups etc.

The recall problem on the Diesels was stated as being caused by the vacuum pump causing over-assistance and damage to the seals in the master cylinder, which would then contaminate the hydraulic system of the brakes and clutch. It seems that there is some other issue at play on the petrol models.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
LADmachining said:
The recall problem on the Diesels was stated as being caused by the vacuum pump causing over-assistance and damage to the seals in the master cylinder, which would then contaminate the hydraulic system of the brakes and clutch.
That is interesting information, as I have not seen that stated myself before. Hopefully it has been rectified on later models. . It does concern me if I am honest as the repair bill is big if out of warranty. Do you know if vx introduced measures to stop this happening ? Presumably there is a regulating valve in there that must fail or incorrectly control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 1.4T petrol. Clutch pedal sinks to floor and can't select any gears, if I vigorously pump the pedal I get the vacuum back and I can select the gears.. spoke to countless people about it and vauxhall too. Vauxhall do not want to know despite the core problem is exactly the same as the desiel version.. fuming and frustrated

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oolabgib said:
I've got the same problem on my 1.4T petrol. Clutch pedal sinks to floor and can't select any gears, if I vigorously pump the pedal I get the vacuum back and I can select the gears.. spoke to countless people about it and vauxhall too. Vauxhall do not want to know despite the core problem is exactly the same as the desiel version.. fuming and frustrated
Mine required a master and slave cylinder replacement thankfully under warranty otherwise would have been looking at over £2000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've noticed a similar issue with my '19 1.4T petrol, for example; going around roundabouts in 2nd, gently approaching the exit, then changing up to 3rd on exit, the clutch pedal seems very retarded, slow to operate, very un-nerving!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did this ever get resolved please?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I bought my 65 Plate Astra in Oct 18 with 7k miles on the clock. Last summer the clutch pedal started to stick. I took the car to my local garage where I have taken all my car's for years and the said the master and or slave cylinder had gone on my clutch so they replaced it for a small fortune as to access this on the turbo version it was a full gearbox strip. This was in sep 20. Now this has gone again. The car won't even go into gear now.

I know I have a 12 month warranty on the garage repair (I will contact them next if vauxhall totally rebuff me) but I fear there is something fundamentally wrong with the car after doing some searching and reading about the diesel recall. Exactly 30k miles on the clock and needing another clutch repair seems absolutely ludicrous.

I have attempted to contact vauxhall customer care and they had said someone would phone me (still waiting after 4 days, going to call them tomorrow)

Has anyone heard of the issue on the diesel affecting any petrol versions? Any general advice for getting vauxhall to help me?

Thanks
almost the same issue i recently had (Stiff clutch and cannot shift into any gear)
i dont trust my car anymore and won't ever recommend it to anyone. riddled with recalls and then some more faulty parts/systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts