Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Isn't it next to the diesel filler cap underneath the filler flap ?

Reactions: Pompeydave

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nahh checked that too... Nothing in the boot or under the hood. Unless they advertised it wrong. When I receive my log book it might say on there... Hopefully 馃榿

Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
Nahh checked that too... Nothing in the boot or under the hood. Unless they advertised it wrong. When I receive my log book it might say on there... Hopefully 馃榿
A lot are advertised wrong entirely. Mine was advertised as being an Ecotec but isn't. If you search on here it could tell you what it really is.

Alternatively, potentially @Valer could help... Hopefully

Super Moderator
My car was advertised as a blue injection so I assume I put Ad blue in but looking all over the car theirs no blue cap馃檭
What year is it? I previously owned a 2016 plate 1.6d K, none adblue. To be honest it's better if it's not, less to go wrong. It's only something that is injected after the combustion process into the exhaust waste gases to improve the cars emissions, doesn't improve your cars performance or mpg. If it was Adblue I think it should have two filler caps underneath the petrol flap, one for derv and one for the Adblue like this-
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Registered
What year is it? I previously owned a 2016 plate 1.6d K, none adblue. To be honest it's better if it's not, less to go wrong. It's only something that is injected after the combustion process into the exhaust waste gases to improve the cars emissions, doesn't improve your cars performance or mpg. If it was Adblue I think it should have two filler caps underneath the petrol flap, like this-
View attachment 8960
Couldn't agree more. Glad mine doesn't have it. Not only is it one less thing that could go wrong, but also it's one less thing to be buying.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys(y) Yeah mine 2016 and defo hasn't got the blue cap next to fuel. Like you say I'm better off without. I'm guessing their would be a Ad blue warning light that would appear if It had it. Think they looked at my car colour(blue) when advertised. 馃槀

Super Moderator
Cheers guys(y) Yeah mine 2016 and defo hasn't got the blue cap next to fuel. Like you say I'm better off without. I'm guessing their would be a Ad blue warning light that would appear if It had it. Think they looked at my car colour(blue) when advertised. 馃槀
The adblue pumps do fail, so I wouldn't complain about not having one:ROFLMAO:

Registered
A lot are advertised wrong entirely. Mine was advertised as being an Ecotec but isn't. If you search on here it could tell you what it really is.

Alternatively, potentially @Valer could help... Hopefully
Mine actually says ECOTEC on the engine cover - a good sign that the engine won't explode...

Reactions: Boroboy

Registered
Mine actually says ECOTEC on the engine cover - a good sign that the engine won't explode...
Mine isn't an Ecotec, within your car do you have any economic mode or economic pages? What is the difference?

I was under the assumption it was the same engine to be honest as mine doesn't say ecotec on in?

Super Moderator
Good that with these fuel prices. Mines a elite cdti 1.6 137bhp yet it has no built in sat nav馃槙
I have nav, but to be honest I've never used the built in nav for around 18 months. I use Android auto/Waze, plug my phone in with the Waze app installed, play it straight through the head unit. Far better than the built in NAV, informs you of accident, police camera locations etc. Always heads up on the info screen, too. You should be able to play Android auto through yours, but not sure about Waze, yours having the earlier software.
Someone else maybe able to clarify or not.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I've plugged my phone in to Android auto. Didn't see Waze unless I can download it馃檮 Pretty cool having Google voice too! Asked for songs on Spotify and it went straight to it馃榿Awsome.

Super Moderator
Yeah I've plugged my phone in to Android auto. Didn't see Waze unless I can download it馃檮 Pretty cool having Google voice too! Asked for songs on Spotify and it went straight to it馃榿Awsome.
I think you have to download the Waze App onto your phone first, then just plug it in, if it works on yours.

Registered
Mine isn't an Ecotec, within your car do you have any economic mode or economic pages? What is the difference?

I was under the assumption it was the same engine to be honest as mine doesn't say ecotec on in?
I think it has economy pages if you scroll through but you don't buy a 200PS petrol for economy! :)

The 1.6T petrol is derived from the previous 1.6T ECOTEC unit, the 180PS as featured in the Astra Sport Hatch, so maybe that's why it has ECOTEC on the engine cover? I know its official name is 1.6T SIDI (spark ignition direct injection?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts