Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am proud to have bought a new Astra Elite Nav 1.6cdti automatic, with intelilux less, 18" alloys, keyless entry + start, Park Assist and leather seats. Two weeks later and I am still loving the car. Only concern is fuel consumption currently at 43mpg mixed driving.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hopefully that will improve as the engine loosens up. My manual Molkka 1.7cdti used to average only about 45 when I got it and that was going 30 mile trips mostly on a roads and motorway. On a long run now I can get 55 mpg actual not computer. My Astra auto will be petrol so dreading the initial fuel usage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Opastra said:
Hello all,
I am proud to have bought a new Astra Elite Nav 1.6cdti automatic, with intelilux less, 18" alloys, keyless entry + start, Park Assist and leather seats. Two weeks later and I am still loving the car. Only concern is fuel consumption currently at 43mpg mixed driving.
what are your tyre pressures?

mine where at 40 psi all round from factory

you need 32 back and 35 front,you will find a pump to the left of the boot behind a panel

mine was doing 47 mpg max and i changed the tyre pressures it went straight to 63! after reseting the trip and driving

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your comments. I have the 18" tyres. I have the eco settings, and I filled the tank yesterday and the car is still doing 43mpg or 6.5l/100km.
Will try the new tyre pressures and report next week when I fill up again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Opastra said:
Thanks for your comments. I have the 18" tyres. I have the eco settings, and I filled the tank yesterday and the car is still doing 43mpg or 6.5l/100km.
Will try the new tyre pressures and report next week when I fill up again.
for me 35 front and 32 rear exactly and on light setting i think

(the first setting before eco) i found on eco with higher pressures my mpg went down to 47 max

i am getting between 51 and 64 mpg all the time on 35psi front 32 rear plus the car feels more grippy and stable,plus it doesn't want to wheel spin all the time like it used to in the wet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts