Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have been using the Vauxhall site, ( Astra configurator) and am looking to order an Elite Nav 1.4 auto in either Granite Grey or Flip Chip Silver. I want to spec it up but when I add the option of the Driver Assistance Pack (DAP) it states £565. However when I then add the Intelilux lights at £1560 it reduces the DAP to zero cost? Does anyone know if that means if you order intelilux lights you get the DAP as well? I have checked the brochure and it doesn't state as such, however the SRi comes with the DAP as standard and the intelilux lights are £995 for the SRi, which is £565 less than on the Elite. So does your £1560 get intelilux lights and DAP on the Elite? Hope that makes sense, any advise would be welcome. The forum site is great by the way, I have learnt quite a bit from all the threads which helps with deciding on the right car. Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Daddydoug,

Not sure of the answer to your question, but I would leave both boxes ticked to make sure you get it!

One thing I would add, is that the car colours on the website do not seem to match real life. It will be well worth a visit to a dealer to see the colours in real life.

I have ordered a Deep Sky Blue, which looked awful on the configurator, when you see one on the members gallery is really nice.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think the answer is yes, the Intelilux lights need the front facing camera that the DAP has to know where other vehicles are, so you can't have them without the DAP.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Astra Price Guide and Specification is generally pretty good and points out things like this but doesn't mention this combination. I'm sure it is correct though - as 1900sr wrote, the front camera and associated computer logic is required for both.

Well spotted, and thanks for pointing it out. I missed this and thought the Elite with the extras I wanted was a big price jump from the SRi, but it would actually have been £565 less than I thought.

I'm surprised that there isn't a similar discount for combining the Parking Pack and Drive Assistance Pack as they both must need a similar steering wheel motor (for lane assistance nudge and parking).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes indeed. I kept wondering why the intelilux lights were £565 more for the Elite than the SRi, but guess this might explain it. Guess I won't know for sure until I see the dealer, but watch this space I guess. Thanks for the link to the car discount site, but I would hope my dealer will give me a good discount being a loyal customer (or so they keep telling me).

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
UKtekkie said:

I'm surprised that there isn't a similar discount for combining the Parking Pack and Drive Assistance Pack as they both must need a similar steering wheel motor (for lane assistance nudge and parking).

The standard power steering uses an electric motor to assist as far as I know, so all the cars will have it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
On the Vauxhall configurator with the Elite, if you select Intellilux headlights, and then go to option packs you will see that the DAP is automatically ticked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh thanks for that 1900sr, hadn't noticed that. So really the brochure should state that if you opt for the intelilux lights on the Elite, the DAP is included.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi DaddyDoug,

Check out the Dealer Discounts to see what kind of discounts people have been getting. The £2,000 scrappage scheme is back and being advertised by some dealers, but strangely, not by Vauxhall themselves. I think it is a limited offer with each dealer subject to a quota which may explain why it's not on the main Vauxhall site. The car needs to be registered by 31 March too, to qualify.

If you or a close relative work for a partner company you're eligible for a £300 discount too. I also got a £250 web discount voucher that popped up while browsing the Vauxhall website, but I'm not sure whether they are still available.

I got the impression that dealers are more flexible on the SRi/Elite models with extra options - I'm guessing they might get a bigger margin on the extras, as an incentive to upsell, but I'm not sure. I contacted a few local dealers and got a pretty good price as a result.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi UKtekkie

I haven't seen the £250 pop up web discount lately either, so as you say, not sure if that has ended. I hope I won't be eligible for the scrappage scheme as I have a 2012 Astra J Elite to p/x, which I hope is worth more than £2000 (lol). I did find a voucher the other day for £200 that I was given when I bought my Astra J, as I had it Diamondbrited from new and the voucher states my dealer will give me an extra £200 when and if I p/x the car. So I will keep the voucher hidden until we settle on a p/x price and then produce it! I am trying to be good and wait for another £500 fuelcard deal too, but not sure if I can hold off until then. Thanks as always for your input and advice. Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.