Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Astra 1.6 CDTi Design Ecoflex 110ps eco warrior!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody run the "Eco" tyre pressures of 300kpa which is 43.5psi? Does it affect handling or anything? What do you all run at?

·
Registered
917 Posts
32 all round for ours,it's not a diesel but i like to keep my back painfree and all my teeth intact ;)
so i wouldn't dream of setting them that high

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
285 Posts
I dread to think how harsh and uncomfortable 43psi would be,I have found after 5 years with my ST that 32 front 30 rear is the best compromise.fuel consumption is still good.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Does anybody run the "Eco" tyre pressures of 300kpa which is 43.5psi? Does it affect handling or anything? What do you all run at?
WOW that’s high ! Max I did on my 1.6t was 38 once , steering was light , grip not so good and ride quality deteriorated. Reset to 34 all round and perfect for me.
I do understand if you have 4/5 people on board with luggage to set them higher but 43 is far too high.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i lowered my tyre pressure down to about 35 all around and mine mpg gone down,not sure if its the colder weather but i cannot see that
That can be right Chris , when I pumped my k tyres up to 38 I did notice over the week better mpg .Steering lighter but ride quality poor so lowered back to 34. Not a night & day difference in mpg but def an improvement . Same with a lot of my old cars , higher psi higher mpg but stiffer ride.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
When I had 17's, I ran them at 32psi all round. Now on 16's, have around 33psi all round. Expect up to a 3psi variation between summer & winter tyre pressures. Put the 16's on for comfort, greater & cheaper tyre choice, not looks:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Astra 1.6 CDTi Design Ecoflex 110ps eco warrior!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Vehicle door

Here is mine, wondering if I'll get more MPG if I put up to Eco pressures, but as said above 43.5psi seems a high amount to put in. Normally stick 34psi front and 32 rear on mine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I regularly run at about 34/35 all round on my 1.4t (245/45/17). Set them, when I first had the car to the eco setting of 39, appalling noisy/hard ride on the hateful Bridgestone Turanzas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts