Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to placing an order for a new 1.4T 150 Elite Nav Automatic in Summit White with Parking Pack, Power Sunroof and Emergency Spare Wheel. I have visited 3 franchised dealers none of which have been able to provide a test drive in the 1.4T Automatic. It would be really appreciated if anybody that has this engine/gearbox could provide feedback on their experience with it, including gearbox smoothness, kickdown response and economy compared to the published figures. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The car is great to drive and the gearbox is very smooth. Kick down is good but it really shifts when you push the sports button. Fuel economy after 1500 miles is averaging 36 real figure not computer which says 40.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Northumbrian for the response.
Unfortunately I won't have the benefit of the 'Sport' button if I go for the Elite.
I rarely go out of town so if I could get around 35 mpg I'd be very happy.
Are you pleased with the Emerald Green - it's the other colour that I considered but have not seen one in the metal?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh right I forgot the sport button was just on the SRI. The green is very dark and looks black a lot of the time. It looks best in sunlight when the green really stands out. I think you should maybe manage 35 mpg once the engine has loosened a bit. Mine is definitely getting better. Overall I think it's a great car and very good to drive. I have the parking pack which is brilliant. Feels a bit weird at first when it parks itself but you soon get used to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts