Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to placing an order for a new 1.4T 150 Elite Nav Automatic in Summit White with Parking Pack, Power Sunroof and Emergency Spare Wheel. I have visited 3 franchised dealers none of which have been able to provide a test drive in the 1.4T Automatic. It would be really appreciated if anybody that has this engine/gearbox could provide feedback on their experience with it, including gearbox smoothness, kickdown response and economy compared to the published figures. Thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arek - Thanks very much for the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ordered one, was lucky I got to drive a non played mobility car before they picked it up.

Was really smooth to change gear and you could really put your foot down. Loved the manual side of it as well, that seemed to work great. I'm not an expect but from the test drive it was awesome!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks kingairpilot16, all good feedback so far. May have to place the order without having actually driven this engine/gearbox combination - bit of a risk. My daughter has a year old GTC with the older 1.4T engine and auto box and that is very good, so the new engine/box should be better?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info cassarj. It must have been good to place the order straight away. It is the overall performance that favours the Astra over the Focus for me, and the cost saving compared to the equivalent Golf.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update
Looked hard at A3, A Class, Astra, Focus, Golf, Leon and V40 autos.
Due to the high spec/value for money, all the positive info on the forum and the motoring press/You Tube reviews I've decided to go for the Astra and have ordered a 5 door Elite Nav 1.4T 150 Automatic in Summit White with Parking Pack, Sunroof and Spare Wheel. Delivery estimated at 6-8 weeks. Let's hope it lives up to expectations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts