Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Astra 1.4 Turbo P0171

10K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  King88 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Everytime I do a long journey in my car I get an Eml light on my dash.

Today is it P0171 I've done
a quick check and got loads of different answers from Google.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this and at what cost? I've used different petrol that normal travelling back. Could that be what it is?

I'm awful when it comes to car knowlege so any help would be much appreciated.

#17 ·
1.4 turbo mate. Read awful things on here about them. Wish I never bothered.
I should of checked your thread header…it says 1.4 turbo my apologies.
Yes many many issues with them , I’ve owned the 1.0 + 1.6t - all good. I’m not in the market for a k now as I’ve got a Ford puma but from company vehicle experience can’t recommend the 1.4t. They were early models though .Saying that next doors 68 plate 1.4t engine has gone…LSPI and now fighting for compensation .

#18 ·
I should of checked your thread header…it says 1.4 turbo my apologies.
Yes many many issues with them , I’ve owned the 1.0 + 1.6t - all good. I’m not in the market for a k now as I’ve got a Ford puma but from company vehicle experience can’t recommend the 1.4t. They were early models though .Saying that next doors 68 plate 1.4t engine has gone…LSPI and now fighting for compensation .
Thanks for your input mate.

Is it OK to drive? I know that's a question you probably can't answer. But I Can't get booked into a garage until Monday. I've got to do about 150 miles between now and then.

The car drives competely fine. No loss of power or awful noise.

#4 ·
DTC P0171 means the fuel trim system is running lean,so it's adding fuel to the point where the code gets thrown,
there are a few things that can be the cause but the most common on this engine is a fault in the PCV system

Reactions: Boroboy
#9 ·
If you've recently had work done on the engine i'd get it checked out that the pcv pipework and valves are all tight,correctly sealed and working and they haven't left anything loose that could cause an unmetered air leak.

#25 ·
I had a 13 plate 1.4t meriva that started to have PCV issues. Its really common on the 1.4t engines. I am not sure what much has changed between that engine and the engine that is in the 1.4t astra k. There is a guy in the USA that offers a "fix kit" on the chev cruise as it has the same engine. In the states the 1.4t has way more PCV issues than here, I wonder if its the lower octane fuel or the fact that towns are so far apart so do tons more milage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.