Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got it yesterday, only 50 odd miles so far.
Got a couple of pics up on the Ashdown Forest today, looks good in the sun :D

Even better than the demo car I tried, the self parking works well and the rear view camera is clever and good to use.
Like the colour better than I thought I would.

Couple of issues:

Did not realise the powerflex phone holder did not provide the Android Auto link, i've had to run a cable from the USB port to the holder.
On-Star will not activate, shows as active in the On-Star site but will not connect. Waiting for Vauxhall tech to contact me.

Wheel Car Tire Cloud Sky

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Out of curiosity, when did you register for Onstar? I am wondering if it takes a little while to filter through the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was supposed to happen yesterday but for some reason my existing my-vauxhall password would not work.
Registered today and speaking to adviser (on phone) the account looks OK. Press the button in car and it says to press again to activate. Makes call but does not get connected properly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you think the issue was caused by having an existing My Vauxhall account?

How did you register for Onstar was it online or through a call to Onstar themselves?

G

·
drey_p said:
Do you think the issue was caused by having an existing My Vauxhall account?

How did you register for Onstar was it online or through a call to Onstar themselves?
I contacted customer services about this a few weeks ago as I already have a My Vauxhall account and they said it would be fine to register onstar against it. So fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
For those waiting for their cars, you do not need to register in advance.

I collected car from dealer and drove home. Once there, pressed button in the car and followed instructions. Went inside house, fired up laptop and used link they sent me. Went back out to car, pressed button again and they confirmed it was working.

It took less than 10 minutes to get it fully functional.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You make it sound easy MarcR. Did you have a My Vauxhall account before you started the registration process?

·
Registered
280 Posts
drey_p said:
You make it sound easy MarcR. Did you have a My Vauxhall account before you started the registration process?
It was easy! Yes I did have a my Vauxhall account set up, but not linked to the car in anyway as I had not put the reg number in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for comments. Like Marc I thought it was going to be a simple process and did not need to register in advance.
Seems like mine is just a glitch out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wonder if that had something to do with it....?

M1chaelR - did you add the car to your My Vauxhall account before you registered for OnStar?

G

·
drey_p said:
I wonder if that had something to do with it....?

M1chaelR - did you add the car to your My Vauxhall account before you registered for OnStar?
I wish, still awaiting delivery lol. This is what they said in the email:

"OnStar can be activated through your My Vauxhall account. The Dealership will assist you upon collecting your vehicle to set up the On Star function."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OnStar appears to have been sorted out - I chased them again today after 24 hours and on the way home tried the button, again the system said to press again which I did and got connected. Lady needed to do update to activate which worked.

Hopefully just a glitch on account activation, trip to Coventry tomorrow to stretch it's legs and use Google Maps for Nav instead of Garmin

·
Registered
360 Posts
I registered several weeks in advance for OnStar and 4G data and both started running just before I picked the car up. There was some concern last year that registering early meant they expired after 12 months after registering but that wasn't the case for me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
UKtekkie said:
I registered several weeks in advance for OnStar and 4G data
How did you do that? I thought you had to register via the OnStar button in the car (at least that is how other people have said they have done it)

·
Registered
856 Posts
drey_p said:
UKtekkie said:
How did you do that? I thought you had to register via the OnStar button in the car (at least that is how other people have said they have done it)
Hi

Mine was done via the Internet a fortnight before I got the car and the trial started the day I picked the car up.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
280 Posts
drey_p said:
UKtekkie said:
You don't have to do it that way. But it is a simple way of getting it going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts