Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently taken delivery of a 1.6 diesel Design Astra in Carbon Flash black.
Coming from a Passat with a large comfortable arm rest I'm really noticing the open space in the between the front seats.

Are there any recommended aftermarket arm rests that will fit the K or a genuine part I could fit myself?

Cheers

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have you tried extending the armrest it moves forward and backwards about 1 foot.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Proph said:
Have you tried extending the armrest it moves forward and backwards about 1 foot.
Hi

The armrest is only standard in the Tech Line, SRi and Elite models and isn't an option on the others according to the price list.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
856 Posts
PaulB said:
How does the arm rest move? Couldn't work out how to move its position.
Hi

Press the button under the front edge and slide it forward until it locks. Press button and push it back until it clicks to return it.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
856 Posts
MarcR said:
Paulch said:
PaulB said:
How does the arm rest move? Couldn't work out how to move its position.
Hi

Press the button under the front edge and slide it forward until it locks. Press button and push it back until it clicks to return it.

Cheers

Paul
Is that the button which opens it?
Hi

Yes

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the Design model doesn't have an armrest at all and I'm really missing it.

Can the part be bought separately and easily fitted?
Alternatively, are there any aftermarket ones that would fit? All the ones I've seen online are for pre-K models.

It's a company car so anything I add needs to be removable without any traces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is the OEM armrest attached? Does it just bolt onto the holes I can see down the sides?

Does anyone have an aftermarket one from a previous cat that they could check to see if the holes line up, then let me know where I can get one?

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could someone do me a favour and take a few pictures of the side of the armrest so that I can see where/how it is connected to the centre console please?

I'm making some enquiries with popular aftermarket armrest makers but haven't had anything positive yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
R2bee2 said:
Could someone do me a favour and take a few pictures of the side of the armrest so that I can see where/how it is connected to the centre console please?

I'm making some enquiries with popular aftermarket armrest makers but haven't had anything positive yet.

Cheers
ill take some later - but its not attached persay as its all part of a moulding that runs through the middle of the seats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts