Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried pairing their windows phone to the R4.0 Intellilink via Bluetooth? Mine pairs up and I see my phone contacts, but when I select a contact name it defaults to dialling the mobile number rather than giving me a list (Home, Work, Mobile etc) of numbers to dial.

It's probably the phone - very little is designed to work with the windows phone, but it would be nice to know I don't have a problem with the car.

Maybe I'll try to borrow an iPhone to test it with...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have both a windows phone and an iphone so could try it out tomorrow if I remember to. Haven't had the WP connected yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, tried it out today and my Windows Phone does the same thing. It will call the mobile number automatically when I click a contact. On my iphone it first opens the contact and lets me select which number to call.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to try this, I really appreciate it. At least I know it's not a fault that's particular to my car.

I had wondered if windows 10 would make a difference. I'll see if I can get a tech preview copy to try it out and will post my results here. I might contact Vauxhall about it, but I suspect the issue is with Microsoft.

Thanks again, great forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case it helps anyone, I've found that if you search for a contact (via the magnifying glass) and then select the contact, you get a choice of two numbers to ring - if the contact has 3+ numbers associated with it, then you still only see 2 numbers (I think they were always mobile and home).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts