Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I just has this error message come up, anyone else seen it or know what it means?

Photo attached.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Judging by the angle of the photo you've already had the collision... ;)

Comes up sometimes if the camera is obscured by muck, or I have seen it when the sun hits the screen at a particular angle. Usually clears quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
It's to do with the Active Emergency Braking feature, which is part of Forward Collision Alert. Make sure your windscreen is clean and that you haven't deactivated the brake preparation system. The whole feature is turned on/off by the symbol of two cars colliding on the left part of the steering wheel. Make sure you haven't turned it off by accident. If message is still displayed then book in at a dealership workshop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys, I might have passed the button by mistake, the windscreen is clean as I give it a bloody good detailing every weekend, just ask my back how hard I work cleaning, waxing and buffing the Astra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Today mine has started displaying that error message but it cycles between that one and about three others. I hope it clears itself. Onstar say there are no errors showing.

I am repeatedly getting

service. ESC. dismiss (when this comes on the taco and fuel needles drop momentarily and the ESC orange light comes on for a couple of seconds. If it comes on when accelerating the engine power drops)

Information. Park assist off. dismiss

Action Required. steering assist is reduced. Drive with care. dismiss

Information. automatic collision prep unavailable. dismiss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
gadgetgaz said:
Today mine has started displaying that error message but it cycles between that one and about three others. I hope it clears itself. Onstar say there are no errors showing.

I am repeatedly getting

service. ESC. dismiss (when this comes on the taco and fuel needles drop momentarily and the ESC orange light comes on for a couple of seconds. If it comes on when accelerating the engine power drops)

Information. Park assist off. dismiss

Action Required. steering assist is reduced. Drive with care. dismiss

Information. automatic collision prep unavailable. dismiss
ESC = Electronic Stability Control. It's telling you there is a fault with the power steering or sensors relating to it. Get it booked in at a workshop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
And....... Today, everything is fine again after two days of worry and hassle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Bump!
Ok so I now have a similar issue. Been going on almost every journey for nearly 1000 miles and now I've had enough so booked it in. See attached images for my warnings.

They are both properly intermittent. Sometimes only one. Sometimes both. But pretty much every journey over the past month. Sometimes clears on its own. Sometimes doesn't. Windscreen is clean over the camera.
Phoned onstar when it very first appeared and they said diagnostic check was all clear and no faults.
Starting to annoy me now. Shouldn't be happening with a 7month old car. So phoned onstar again. Now miraculously there is an error logged. In their words "there is a fault from one of the sensors in your collision safety system. This means in the event of a crash, your airbags may not deploy "!!!!!!!

Going in on Thursday.
Watch this space.

PS I don't know why the pics are side on! They are the right way round on my phone!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
KevWak said:
Bump!
Ok so I now have a similar issue. Been going on almost every journey for nearly 1000 miles and now I've had enough so booked it in. See attached images for my warnings.

They are both properly intermittent. Sometimes only one. Sometimes both. But pretty much every journey over the past month. Sometimes clears on its own. Sometimes doesn't. Windscreen is clean over the camera.
Phoned onstar when it very first appeared and they said diagnostic check was all clear and no faults.
Starting to annoy me now. Shouldn't be happening with a 7month old car. So phoned onstar again. Now miraculously there is an error logged. In their words "there is a fault from one of the sensors in your collision safety system. This means in the event of a crash, your airbags may not deploy "!!!!!!!

Going in on Thursday.
Watch this space.

PS I don't know why the pics are side on! They are the right way round on my phone!
So took the car in today. Engineer spent 3 hours with it this afternoon and didn't get anywhere! Service desk girl couldn't tell me anything about what he'd done or what he intends to do tomorrow.

Going to call me back tomorrow...!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Proph said:
As the title suggests I just has this error message come up, anyone else seen it or know what it means?

Photo attached.
I had the same two times in past few days. I've found camera window was foggy but windshield was clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
trembel said:
Proph said:
As the title suggests I just has this error message come up, anyone else seen it or know what it means?

Photo attached.
I had the same two times in past few days. I've found camera window was foggy but windshield was clear.
I had a foggy camera window too along with otherwise clear windscreen. Thought initially this was causing the problem.
However for me, the issues occur with no "camera fog" also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Yes, I had both these errors when my engine started to give up the ghost. Along with the engine warning light and ESC light going on and off. In my case it looks like it's an engine problem that has affected the wiggle amps within the system. Gotta love computers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Update...

So today they reloaded a bunch of control modules inc brake control and airbag system. Test drove it twice and said all was ok. Drove it home and after 10 mins... bing... same error messages. AA recovering it back to garage in the morning. Grrr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Ripping my hair out with Vauxhall.
So my car is still in with Vauxhall since my last post.
2 months now I've been without my car.
Vauxhall haven't got a clue how to repair it.
Reset and updated all modules.
Replaced EBCM.
Replaced a loom they found with a pinched wire.
Replaced radar camera.
Now replacing another EBCM.

Really starting to wind me up now.
I've got my Astra on PCP so have lodged a complaint to Vauxhall finance company.
I think I have grounds for rejecting the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
That doesn't sound good. Mine's going in on Thursday as I'm getting the Collision Prep message, alongside one telling me the roadsign detection is unavailable due to the camera being blocked, and Monday evening it came up with a new one, roadsign detection unavailable to due to weather conditions (it was a dry clear evening, and I got the other two messages as well in a 17 mile trip). I've not had the ESC one yet though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
It's all well and good having all these fancy gadgets when they work. But when they don't, who the hell knows where to look!

Luton Techs have been up just to look at my car today. But they are still stabbing in the dark.

Hope yours is a quick fix.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top