Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Astra 1.0T SRI and 2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK, so I'm a little baffled.

The reverse light live in the passenger side of thebtailgate is green and white, however when these wires come out of the tailgate they are ALL black.

I have used a voltage tester and none of these black ones are live when reverse light is on.

On the drivers side its yellow and grey, but none of the wires in the boot liner side of the arch etc is is the same colour, on either side.

How on earth do I find the reverse live, or do I run my own new wire up, which is a sh1t way of doing it.

Help please.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Wood Electrical wiring Audio equipment Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've not fitted any to mine,
i was thinking about it but i've got used to the restricted rear view in the last year or so i've had the car.
Looking at the wiring diagram and harness routing there should be a couple of places under the n/s/r qtr trim the wiring can be found (X900,X902)

Schematic Font Parallel Slope Diagram
Head Slope Rectangle Triangle Line
Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Document

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've not fitted any to mine,
i was thinking about it but i've got used to the restricted rear view in the last year or so i've had the car.
Looking at the wiring diagram and harness routing there should be a couple of places under the n/s/r qtr trim the wiring can be found (X900,X902)

View attachment 8097 View attachment 8098 View attachment 8099
I have no idea how to read that diagram.

I have checked all the wires and none of them are live with the reverse light.

Such a stupid design, I mean why on earth would you do that, change from a colour cable to a black bunch.
would it not be easier just to tap into the wire that goes to the reversing bulb and run your own wire from there
I think this is what I'm going to do. It's just going to be a lot easier.

I'll go to an auto factor's and grab a few metres of wire.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Fed my own wire through in the end.

Took me about 3 hours in total but an hour of that was feeding the cable through.

Sensors fitted and all working.

I got a bit of tidying up to do in terms of properly mounting the box and beeper but all fitted and tested.

Very happy with the match.

Even on lowest sensing they are very sensitive but the hardest part of this job was finding the inner courage to drill a hole in the bumper

Literally measuring about 5 times....

What you think...?

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Hood Automotive design Bicycle saddle Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood Light

Sleeve Automotive design Trunk Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to drill into the bumper for the wiring process of the front and rear sensors. Self-based is only good if you are good at drilling, man! Better to choose a professional to get it done for you. I got it done by a professional as I was not having the proper tools.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You need to drill into the bumper for the wiring process of the front and rear sensors. Self-based is only good if you are good at drilling, man! Better to choose a professional to get it done for you. I got it done by a professional as I was not having the proper tools.
I have already fitted the rears mate, as per the pictures in this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't bother with fronts, don't see the point, even though have front and back factory fitted ones now.
I've had rears fitted by a trusted electrician in the past, colour coded, fitted them at my house for £150 all in with a lifetime guarantee. He does so for a lot of local garages around my area, inc cameras too. Was very happy with them for the duration to which I owned my previous car.
Can you PM me the contact, where is the electrician located?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts