Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I should ask the question as for those reading these forums that might not have made a purchase yet it could be an attractive perhaps lesser considered option.

Basically I have the Elite on a 24 month lease that works out at £3400 over the term, yes I will give the car back (highly likely) after the 2 years but it suited both my budget and desire to try a brand new car out, and frankly the Spec was too good to turn down.

I know that the lease company allows the customer the opportunity to spec any options they require, obviously at additional cost and it some cases Ive heard that the cost is cheaper than the actual Purchase cost.

If anyone wants more info Id be happy to share...

TheGriffin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
That is utterly brilliant.
Where did you get that deal.
Since being redundant I am a low mileage person.
Was there a deposit?
Who was it with?
Where can I find the deal?
It works out at 141 a month?

Cheers Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy P said:
That is utterly brilliant.
Where did you get that deal.
Since being redundant I am a low mileage person.
Was there a deposit?
Who was it with?
Where can I find the deal?
It works out at 141 a month?

Cheers Andy
Hi Andy,

Jet Vehicle Leasing.
Initial Payment was £900
At 10k miles over 2 years.
Road fund license included, ONSTAR permitted (some lease companies omit ONSTAR)
If you look at Hot UK deals and search Astra you will find it.

I think it's a cracking deal too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Can't seem to work out how you get £3400 over 24 months.
Initial 9 months deposit 10,000 miles per year £1115.04 ( INC VAT )
23 months x £123.89 (INC VAT) = £2849.47 ( INC VAT )
Processing fee £60 (INC VAT)
Total for 24 months = £4024.51 ( INC VAT )

Still a good deal at 4K over 24 months though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full details for this deal
Personal Lease £115.18 month 9+23 INC VAT
8k mpa
£1036.58 initial payment
£60 Processing Fee
Total £3745.72 @ Jet Vehicle Finance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
oldskool said:
10k mileage allowance over 2 years would put most people off that deal i guess though
It's 10,000 miles per year so 20,00 miles over the 2 years. Which looks very good value for money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
I took a 1.6 CDTi 110ps Elite Nav from Jet Vehicle Finance with the parking park and 20K miles pa for £205pm.

It works out to be quite a high price, but given the mileage and depreciation i probably haven't lost anything - only the ability to keep the car at the end of the lease.

Nabby said:
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
Out of interest do you mind sharing your reg number either on here or messaging me? If I find the dealer that's providing these I might be able to track mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Nabby said:
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
How you buy the car shouldn't affect your insurance premium!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
MarcR said:
Nabby said:
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
How you buy the car shouldn't affect your insurance premium!
but hes not buying hes leasing ie renting - ppl do tend to drive rental cars harder i guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
oldskool said:
MarcR said:
Nabby said:
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
How you buy the car shouldn't affect your insurance premium!
but hes not buying hes leasing ie renting - ppl do tend to drive rental cars harder i guess
Still doesn't make any difference from an insurance perspective as long as it is a long term arrangement. If it was a 2 week rental from Enterprise etc. then maybe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
MarcR said:
oldskool said:
MarcR said:
How you buy the car shouldn't affect your insurance premium!
but hes not buying hes leasing ie renting - ppl do tend to drive rental cars harder i guess
Still doesn't make any difference from an insurance perspective as long as it is a long term arrangement. If it was a 2 week rental from Enterprise etc. then maybe.
Lease car owners aren't the legal owner of the car, so insurance premiums can go up. You're effectively insuring a car that you don't own - insurance companies must have calculated that this carries more risk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Nope, insurance companies will not have the data. In fact probably the opposite is the case in that most lease cars have to be returned to the lease company in tip top condition regardless of age / mileage (especially for commercial leases) and therefore they are quite often driven very carefully. For example, VW leasing will measure the paint thickness on a commercial lease vehicle and if it is worn thin after several years if use, they will still make a charge.

The only insurance which should be affected is GAP Insurance, which is based on how you bought the car and how much that will influence the claim settlement figure. So that's fair enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Insurance definitely went up due to me not being the legal owner it could just be the case the the chepeast quotes as an owner , those insurers would not insure as a lease car.So for example the cheapest quote I got was Tesco , once I changed it to leased ownership they no longer came up as an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
curtisjk said:
I took a 1.6 CDTi 110ps Elite Nav from Jet Vehicle Finance with the parking park and 20K miles pa for £205pm.

It works out to be quite a high price, but given the mileage and depreciation i probably haven't lost anything - only the ability to keep the car at the end of the lease.

Nabby said:
Hi

I just received my car from Jet today

I got the Elite Nav 1.4 Petrol with F+R parking sensors £1200 down then £133 per month 8k milage per annum .The only downside I found straight away with leasing is my insurance quote went up just under 200 per year
Out of interest do you mind sharing your reg number either on here or messaging me? If I find the dealer that's providing these I might be able to track mine!
Not sure how to send direct message on here

I can tell you the car was delivered from Stoke , I got my fairly quick as they had one already in stock they put aside for me when I ordered.It's been a popular deal on UKHOTDEALs so they had to start getting factory orders
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top