Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since summer my car has been having rear light problems where the indicators are not working or the brake lights are constantly breaking changed bulbs multiple times fuses have been changed but still always keeps saying “Check brake lights” Its doing my head in and driving my crazy does anyone have a fix.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i guess you haven't been paying attention lol
it's really common

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
People have commented on it happening again even after replacement of the molex connector. I did read a thread by a VX technician regarding this. He mentioned once he replaced the molex plug he would ever so slightly twist the male negative prong on the bulb assembly. He has never had one come back since, as he believed it made for a better/tighter fitting connection.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not saying this is the solution but happened to me, I was getting the fault message up check brake lights now and again despite the lights working ok so i just lived with it. A few months ago I got the usual clutch problem and the main dealer said vx would change the master cylinder FOC so in it went, when I went to pick the car up at the dealers the guy said that when they had the pedal box out to do the job they noticed that the brake pedal switch looked damaged so they had also changed that, again FOC. Since then the message has never returned. I'm not saying this is the problem you have just what happened in my case.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not saying this is the solution but happened to me, I was getting the fault message up check brake lights now and again despite the lights working ok so i just lived with it. A few months ago I got the usual clutch problem and the main dealer said vx would change the master cylinder FOC so in it went, when I went to pick the car up at the dealers the guy said that when they had the pedal box out to do the job they noticed that the brake pedal switch looked damaged so they had also changed that, again FOC. Since then the message has never returned. I'm not saying this is the problem you have just what happened in my case.
You know the usual clutch problem are we talking sticky clutch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , my wife’s 2021 (21) astra 1.2 Sri nav + has just gone back from its first routine service - they found a fault with the rear lighting flickering that we didn’t even know existed -
Parts required are both rear light units on both sides and wiring harnesses for both rear lights -
The cars got to go back to our main dealer in a week to have the work carried out ,
Looking at the lights ourselves in the dark we were unable to detect any fault at all but Vauxhall say it needs doing and it’s obviously under warranty so it’s free - not exactly sure what the fault is they have found though it’s all a bit strange

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suffered repeated error messages (Check rear brake light) and got rid of it by taking the light cluster out and rotating it. This pointed to a dodgy wire/connector. When it occured again, I rammed two dressmaking pins alongside the wire entering the connector and it worked. I must have bypassed the corroded connector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts