Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer rang me today to say my car arrived today but there was a problem. I had ordered an Sri Nav with nearly all of the option boxes ticked but unfortunately they (Vauxhall Ellesmere Port) had put all my options on the wrong model when building it - an Sri !!

What to do next??

·
Registered
360 Posts
Doh! That must be gutting. I wonder if it was Vauxhall or the dealer that messed up? You're not the first to report their order going wrong though. I nearly asked my dealer to send me a copy of the order they placed with Vauxhall, but thought they might be affronted. Now I wish I had.

Apart from the frustration, you're in a good position, so you can either:

1. Explain you want what you ordered and ask them to put in an expedited order for quick delivery. TJ may know more, but another forumite got this when his order went wrong. You're completed entitled to this - you have a contract with the dealer. If you need it, push for a loan car while you're waiting too.

2. Negotiate a really good discount. Nav model is normally an extra £700 but I'd suggest you want at least £1,500 discount off the SRi Nav price to take the SRi. They may agree, as they're probably going to have to sell it off cheap, otherwise.

If you've got an iPhone/Android phone I think it's debatable how useful the SatNav is as you can use Apple Maps with CarPlay etc. I don't have my Astra yet though so others may disagree. You lose the colour instrument display too and get a 7" main display instead of 8".

Good luck - let us know what happens.

P.S. I'm still puzzled that it arrived so early. I ordered very similar spec on 31 Dec and my delivery date is still 18 March. Perhaps the Nav model takes longer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice UKtekkie. I really want the Sri Nav for the larger display (and colour). The Dealer gave me a copy of the order when I had actually done the deal. It does state on it Sri Nav.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just remember it's their problem not yours. Worst case, for you, is another few weeks wait. Don't let the dealer push you into accepting the SRi if you don't want to. Just be polite but firm. You have legal rights and a contract in law.

Alternatively, if you want to get a big discount, push for that but be sure it's enough that you'll walk away happy. If not, it's not worth it. I'm sure we've all psyched ourselves up, looking forward to getting the model we ordered, so we'd all be gutted with a downgrade.

Did you get a copy of the order the dealer placed online with Vauxhall or just a copy of the order with the dealer? Either way, you're covered - just curious to know what went wrong.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a copy with the dealer. I will keep you informed. The Manager at the dealership was supposed to give me a ring but didn't and when I tried to speak to the salesman "he was busy with a customer". I asked their reception to pass a message to him to give me a ring. He hasn't!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are there any other things missing? I thought that to get the colour driver display, you had to have the larger screen which comes with the NAV Model?

If you can wait, I would and maybe ask the dealer to include another option free of charge for the inconvenience. Also if they have to re-order, make sure you still get the same finance deal (as these can change) or better.

Gutted for you either way. You've either got to wait longer or take a car which is not what you ordered.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It also has the small screen so the dealer tells me. It has all my chosen options but has arrived as an Sri not an Sri Nav.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Someone has previously talked about the differences between the two.

Cannot seem to copy the link in. It includes pictures!

Topic was started on 30/12, by a guy called Kevin.

This might help you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thats gutting to hear. Can a non Nav car be upgraded to NAV? I know the steering wheel controls are different and obviously the unit itself is that it or is there more to it. Would be nice if they had messed up and fitted a load of extras on that hadn't been ordered instead, never works that way round though does it. :roll:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You obviously want the Nav, so I'd be telling them that you won't be accepting the car that has been delivered, and ask them to give you an ETA for a car in the correct specification. It is up to the dealer to sort the problem out, not you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree. I'm a member of a Mokka forum and quite a few people have wanted to retrofit a sat nav. All have been told it's not possible. I can't see it being different with the Astra.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealer has been on the phone earlier on to say that the Nav was ordered yesterday and will send me the tracking reference as soon as they get it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Very unlikely that the factory messed up as there's almost no human involvement in the ordering process at their end, but there's only one letter difference on our ordering systems between an SRi and an SRI Nav...

It's unfortunate but mistakes can happen in a very busy admin environment, especially if the order has a ton of options as well but if you have a copy of the order with SRi Nav on it, and the figures all relate to the Nav version (OTR price etc) I hope the dealer looks after you properly as the mistake is clearly not yours.

We ordered a car with the wrong colour years ago and ever since we make sure that the salesman stands with the admin team when his car is ordered, though I appreciate that this may not be possible in every dealership. This has, on occasion, saved many thousands of pounds when a salesman thinks he's sold one thing but has asked admin to order something completely different...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.