Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Real strange one here but does anyone have any photos of their Astra K's lower skirts?

I picked my car up on Thursday and along the skirts the paint is very bubbly, after contacting the dealership I got told that this is anti-chip paint which is why its different, just want to know what you guys have because I am not 100% convinced even though the dealership asked me to come in and check on their demo car too!

Thanks,

Kev

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I noticed that on a power red car that was in the dealership when i was sitting going through paperwork. The finish is shocking. Thankfully mine isnt as bad but the dealership didnt have an answer. Mines is black so u dont notice it as much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Swiss.

So you have it on yours Joe, just not as prominent? I think it's more noticeable on white but just wanted to confirm that this is on others or I am just being fobbed off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's like that on the bottom of my H. My K hasn't been built yet so I can't check that unfortunately!

·
Registered
145 Posts
This bubbly sill is present on all New Astra K's and yes it is anti-chip protection. As the car ages it will flatten out but in the early days it serves a purpose of preventing stone chips on an easily chipped section of the car.

Over time it will begin to look a bit more natural but it is purely a response to customer complaints of chipped/damaged sills on older models. It's a short term fail with long term gains for the car.

As for orange brake discs - yes this is normal. It's due to water corroding the discs if it's been standing in the wet for too long. When you drive the car for a bit and brake often it will clear them a bit. It is purely cosmetic and has no impact on brake performance. Mine has the orange specs on the discs out on the street right now. A good hour of driving with regular braking would clear it a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts