Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Matt

I currently drive a 2.0 diesel white gtc but ordered the new Astra elite nav 1.4 (150) in black back at the beginning of September my dealer is hopeful for delivery before Christmas but said it could be January

4 months is a bit of a joke for a car being built in the uk but hey ho hopefully not much longer to wait

Test drove the 1.0 turbo Sri was very sluggish power wise compared to my gtc but was to be expected I guess but the 1.4 (150) should be a better match but was a very smooth drive just can't wait to get it now

·
Administrator
149 Posts
Welcome along Matt, unfortunately it seems that sort of wait time is normal, I think the only advantage of a UK built car is it saves on transport time. It doesn't look like you get placed any further ahead in the queue and as the new Astra is proving popular it must be making quite a waiting list for everyone!

Still hopefully if it is pushed back until January the Christmas break will make the extra time pass a bit quicker for you....

What's made you switch from the GTC - need the rear doors now?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only reason I decided to change is my current gtc is now three years old so was looking for something new anyway plus not doing the miles I was so don't need a diesel anymore and it's costing more to run what with mainly short distances now

Don't really need the rear doors as it's normally only me and possibly one passenger most of the time so wasn't a deciding factor but I must admit looking forward to all the gadgets in the new elite

When out with the other half and kids we take her mokka saves my car getting dirty :lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was a factory order was ordered beginning of September told me around Xmas time possibly January but it's sitting in my dealers forecourt ready for me to pick up Wednesday morning sadly couldn't get it any earlier

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool I ordered mine mid September got given 22nd December then moved to 11th but still on stage on track my vauxhall which went on stage one on the 22nd october

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great news, can't see the pic at the moment as my broadband's down and mobile internet's poor here. Will look again tomorrow.

Just seen the pic, looks great in black. Those alloys look like they'll be fiddly to clean though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi bud did u keep track nut order via trackmyvauxhall if so how long was the time gap from been checked ready to be shipped to actually been shipped out

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine went from all checked ready to be shipped was waiting for step three and got a call from my dealers to say they had the car

If I can remember rightly completed step 2 14th November and got call from my dealers yesterday to say they had it

Hope that helps

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts