Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Can any help I can't seem to get android auto working is it even available yet and if so can anyone tell me what they did to get there's up and running please and thank you

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not available yet according to my dealer might be early next year. Not happy will be sending an email to Vauxhall complaining. Glad I went for the Nav version rathet than relying on Android Auto for Google maps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried messaging them via fb getting no response and online clearly says be available from day release of the astra and same here went for nav version but I bet you will agree that's not the point bud

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mines working, download the app from play store, then just connect the phone to stereo via USB. I wonder if it's a problem with the Nav system if you can't get it working, as mine's not a Nav model?

The phone needs to be running Android 5.0, earlier versions won't support it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm on Android 5.0.1 and got the app. I can find Apple Carplay in the options but not the Android Auto. The stereo knows there's a device connected as I can play and control music stored on my phone.

Is it just us Nav owners that can't get it working

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
On my car, if the phone isn't connected via USB from the home menu I've got the option of projection, which if I press it tells me to connect the phone via USB. If the phone is already connected then the button is replaced by an Android Auto one. I've not got Apple Carplay shown.

·
Registered
145 Posts
- For Android Auto / Apple Car Play to work the phone must be connected using the mobile phone manufacturers USB cable. Not a 3rd party cable.

- Turn on your phone, put the key in ignition and turn on dashboard lights/touch screen. Engine start not required. Plug USB cable into USB car socket and plug phone into the cable. It will not work via bluetooth or WiFi.

- After a short delay the 'Projection' button on the touchscreen homepage will change from 'Projection' to 'Apple Car Play' or 'Android Auto'. Tap this button with your finger and it will launch the respective application. Do not go hunting in the 'Settings/Options' menus to activate it. It is done automatically from the homepage. Make sure your phone is running the latest Android/Apple operating systems.

- I use Apple so not sure if Android users need to download a separate 'app' from the Google store. If you do make sure it is downloaded, installed and working.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If you're connecting Android but seeing a button for Apple I wonder if it's a glitch in the stereo software, as that button should only appear when an iphone is connected. Have you tried pressing t to see if it launches Androidauto?

·
Registered
798 Posts
cornishtaz said:
Not available yet according to my dealer might be early next year. Not happy will be sending an email to Vauxhall complaining. Glad I went for the Nav version rathet than relying on Android Auto for Google maps
According to official information from Opel, Android Auto will only be available with Navi900 after MY17. Not MY16 or MY16.5.
So, no Android support for now. And, in 2017, will there be an update for all previous vehicles?

·
Registered
798 Posts
The truth is that Opel/Vauxhall had, not long ago, the information that IntelliLink worked with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
But, recently, they changed the way they advertise this feature to the public. :roll:
See how they now remark that Android is only with R4.0:
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/new-astra/overview.html (go down to connectivity section and click "learn more").

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In the 2016 Astra brochure Edition 1 I was given in October it says "Every new Astra features our R4.0 IntelliLink infotainment system..." but then on the same page says "R4.0 IntelliLink comes as standard in nearly every New Astra... ...Apple Car Play and Android Auto" "Navi 900 Intellilink system, standard on Tech Line, SRi Nav and Elite Nav models... ...Apple Car Play" so they knew then that the Nav was CarPlay only but they weren't making it that clear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.