Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone had an issue where the Android Auto volume is really low compared to the radio for example?

This has got me stumped but I think there must be something simple I'm missing! I can still just about hear is so its just usable but not ideal at all.

I have tried loads of things that I have googled but nothing seems to work so far. Volume on the phone is all the way up (all levels), I cant seem to access the volume settings on the phone whilst in drive mode. I cant see any volume settings on the intellilink 4.0 setting menu for it either. I have tried my old S4 and also my S6.

I feel like I have tried everything I can think of and was wondering if any of you guys had noticed this or might have any suggestions?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My phone comes through more quietly too, I usually run at around 22 on the volume for music from the phone, and about 15 I think for radio. My old JVC stereo I was using in the last car allowed you to balance all the inputs for volume. I was going to ask Vauxhall customer services if this is something that could be added as a software update, but frankly they seem to be completely useless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep I get this on my 16 plate Design model too.

It occurs with both my old Galaxy S4 and my new Nexus 5X so I imagine it's a head unit software issue.

If I'm playing music from the phone through Bluetooth and the Bluetooth disconnects it jumps back to DAB and blasts my ears out!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I suspect that this is more to do with phone / Bluetooth.

When I connect phone up with cable to USB port, the volume is the same as radio. When I connect via Bluetooth, the volume is lower. I am using an iPhone 5s.

I think this is because phones limit the volume on Bluetooth as this is how people with little headsets connect and the phone makers don't want lawsuits from people with damaged hearing.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
MarcR said:
I suspect that this is more to do with phone / Bluetooth.

When I connect phone up with cable to USB port, the volume is the same as radio. When I connect via Bluetooth, the volume is lower. I am using an iPhone 5s.

I think this is because phones limit the volume on Bluetooth as this is how people with little headsets connect and the phone makers don't want lawsuits from people with damaged hearing.
In my case (and I'm guessing Zappy as well as he mentions Android auto) we are connected by USB. I think my Ipod is quieter when put in via USB as well. I seem to remember it was the same when using my Ipod on my JVC head unit, but as I said I could alter the input levels to balance it all out.

I did wonder if it was down to the music being recorded at low level, I use MP3 Gain to even out the volume levels on my music, but the Google maps voice directions is quiet too, about the same level as the music.

Occasionally using MD Player to play my music the volume is very quiet as it seems to rum at the dipped level it goes to when voice instruction is coming through. Pausing the song and re-starting it usually restores the level, if not scrolling through the inputs back to USB works.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'm using Android Auto via USB. I have just tried again but still no luck, Im confused. I thought it would be something really simple!

When google is listening to you and you increase the volume it increases "Voice Volume" rather than "Audio Volume" so I thought I was onto something but it did nothing to the Android Auto Volume, only the onstar voice.

As I say, phone volume is all the way up. I have also looked at probably all other posts for this on other forums but nothing works which leads me to think its an issue with the intellilink 4.0. All most people have to do is increase the phone volume.

I can still hear it so its not unusable but it would still be much louder if the voice was just coming from the phone! That way the music would not totally cut out every time she says something (I would expect the music to just lower not totally cut out!)

Couple of annoying issues that prob have a really simple fix at VX's end I guess.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just in case anyone else is having this issue I have made some progress.

There is a voice volume setting in google maps under navigation. Unfortunately this setting is missing on my S4 but it is there on my S6. It seems this option is only available on newer versions on Android I guess, although I thought the S4 & S6 ran pretty much the same version.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
ZappyPayload said:
Just in case anyone else is having this issue I have made some progress.

There is a voice volume setting in google maps under navigation. Unfortunately this setting is missing on my S4 but it is there on my S6. It seems this option is only available on newer versions on Android I guess, although I thought the S4 & S6 ran pretty much the same version.
Thanks, just found this so we'll see if it makes a difference. My music will still come through quieter though, will have to search the settings on MD player see If I can boost this too.

If you are sourcing your music from your phone it does just dip the volume rather than muting it totally when voice commands come through.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having this problem when S4 connected via USB and Google Maps Navigation much quieter than radio. Been looking for Google maps voice volume button to try and fix but couldn't find... after reading above it looks like I have an excuse for a newer phone lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, New here! But thought it worth posting this as it has driven me crazy!! Android Auto volume very quiet!!! Fixed! When you press the voice search button on the steering wheel a volume bar appears briefly on the screen, you can then adjust ( raise ) the volume for search via the volume knob ( oh err ) and also made bluetooth music louder! Hope this helps.

Astra k 1.4 sri
Zafira b 1.8 sri
Vectra b 1.8 sri
Astra f 1.4 L
Astra Mk 1 GTE

·
Registered
Astra K 1.0 S&S Black Edition 2019
1 Posts
Hello from France.

I have the same problem of Android Auto. Volume low compared to the radio on my R 4.0 IntelliLink...
Only for music. The vocal volume is good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts