Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually opted for the Airwellness Diffuser for their car?

I have to admit I am kinda not sure if it worth the extra £ when California Scents do some pretty fantastic Car Scents a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giant said:
Isn't this basically a glade plugin?
Yep, but for your car! LOL

Which kinda means that, like a Glade plugin, it isn't gonna smell of much until it is turned on. So when you open your car, it is potentially not to smell as nice as other vehicle air fresheners.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, what do you guys use to keep your car smelling nice?

My favourite is California Car Scents - Coronado Cherry! It smells great, IMHO, and lasts for ages.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I don't really do air fresheners. I had noticed that after nearly four months my car had lost that new car smell though. Vac'd it out yesterday, dusted the dash and the new car smell has returned :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always get a "new car smell" air freshener... that could help keep that new car smell for longer! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
1900sr said:
I don't really do air fresheners. I had noticed that after nearly four months my car had lost that new car smell though. Vac'd it out yesterday, dusted the dash and the new car smell has returned :)
That new car smell is usually the plastics ventilating their volatile organic compounds, agitating these by heat or cleaning releases the 'new car smell' again.

Ahhh, can't beat the smell of volatile organic compounds in the morning...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yup, got one on mine, never use it because the phone holder's in its place. When it was used, it has Green Tea or Dark Wood scents. Indistinguishable from each other, nice smell but haven't ordered it for the new car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rapster said:
That new car smell is usually the plastics ventilating their volatile organic compound
LOL - I am not sure that is good for you. Note to self, make sure you vent the car properly LOL

SwissTJ said:
Yup, got one on mine, never use it because the phone holder's in its place. When it was used, it has Green Tea or Dark Wood scents. Indistinguishable from each other, nice smell but haven't ordered it for the new car.
That was the other thing, if you have the phone holder, you're more than likely gonna have it on permanently, so it will be taking up the space of the diffuser which means you probably won't use it. I was going to ask if there was much difference between the fragrances, but from what you say, I guess not! LOL Did you find each pad lasted a while?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can't really say, it was used once in the first week, again when we'd been carrying a particularly pungent Jalfrezi, then demoted to the glovebox.
The better half says that the Green Tea is the better pong.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SwissTJ said:
The better half says that the Green Tea is the better pong.
LOL!

Whilst it is a good concept I think I will probably stick to my California Scents, especially as I am more than likely gonna buy the phone holder. I don't fancy spending £40 on something that is probably going to end up in the glove box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts