Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relocating for a partners job will have a long but intermittent post covid commute. I'm looking to find a Astra K with adaptive radar cruise control but it seems like it's impossible to tell if any have it or maybe it's just an incredibly rare option. Am I missing something?

Looking to pickup anything 3 years old so maybe some should be coming off lease? I know it was only available from 2017?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Relocating for a partners job will have a long but intermittent post covid commute. I'm looking to find a Astra K with adaptive radar cruise control but it seems like it's impossible to tell if any have it or maybe it's just an incredibly rare option. Am I missing something?

Looking to pickup anything 3 years old so maybe some should be coming off lease? I know it was only available from 2017?
I think this was a rather expensive optional extra, so probably not going to be on many cars.

The best way to determine if it has it seems to be looking at the front grille.

If it has it, the logo looks like the one in the picture above.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Everything is possible, but it would be very problematic.

First you would need the radar unit, a new front bumper, wiring harness, connectors and so on.

And that's probably the easy part.

Every function in your car has a special code, needed to unlock it inside of the "computers" inside the car. You will need to get these from vauxhall or someone that cracked the system (Don't know if someone like that exist, but i know some people car enable some functions) and these codes are not something you will get from vauxhall, and even if you had it installed, you would risk everything being reset back to what it was at the factory, if vauxhall ever worked on the car and connected their computer.

As said...Nothing is impossible, but i think this is just so problematic and difficult that it's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was part of driver assistance pack II. 800eur option in my country.
I have it on my car and it´s excellent on long commutes!

I´d place bet on finding car with acc instead of retrofitting one....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts