Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Since you are the master of all mods I turn to you with this one. Did you ever notice the reverse camera in the ST is slightly off centre? Is there a way to shift the image to compensate this offset, as far as you know?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
No problem, I liked to do. Does it bother you so much? I would not have noticed, because I find other things much worse, like memory seat adjustment only after ignition. If my wife drove before, then that's really tight. Maybe I just have to look for a bigger woman, then I could get in comfortably.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I agree . The lines indicate the lane of the wheels, with me parking has worked without any problems so far. Since the camera is not in the middle, the lines are similar again.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rico76 said:
I agree . The lines indicate the lane of the wheels, with me parking has worked without any problems so far. Since the camera is not in the middle, the lines are similar again.
Hey Rico,
Sorry to bother, but going back to the beginning - I came to notice that you've installed remote controls for your garage gate (rather brilliantly I might add).
Would you by any chance have a link to the remote module.
I have 2 gates I want to program in such a module.
Can you guide me how to install this mod?
I woukd greatly appreciate your assistance. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hello iavorid , there are actually two remote controls. Once that of Audi 8N0 959 719 and that of the gate is from BFT. The remote control from the gate gets the power from the interior light, no battery needed. The cables are soldered to the interior light and remote control. On the remote control of Audi, I have removed all electrical connections to the buttons. Cable from the push-button input Remote control Gate to the push-button Input Audi and solder to the push-buttons. Insert cable from pushbutton output Audi to pushbutton Gate output and solder. The illumination of the buttons is red at Audi, so does not fit to Vauxhall. I removed the three LEDs and drilled a two millimeter hole in those places. In the holes I have light guides mounted and glued. I then connected the light guides to the existing light guides of the interior light. As a result, the light intensity and color is the same as the button interior light. Then the functional LED of the remote control gate with light guide connected to the function LED of the Audi remote control. That was my solution now. The green circle shows the location of the connection of the light guide for the remote control. Unfortunately I have not taken any pictures of the installation. Hope it is understandable.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rico76 said:
Hello iavorid , there are actually two remote controls. ...
Good mother of Lord, you are a genious! :D
Never would have I ever thought of combining these things. OK, its a bit complicated but defo doable, obviously. Final thoughts, as I too use BFT with rolling code - only 2 of the 3 buttons actually work, right? Also, if you happen to know - can BFT remotes, the one that you use is same as mine (on quick glance, I think) - is it possible to program 2 doors within one remote?
Finally, thank you so much for the guidance, duly appreciated!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It was time again for a small mod. Have the windows switch front and rear changed. Fits better than the chrome gluing applications. Also, my Center console chubby hole got some light.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great looking car!

I've started doing the puddle lights on my Astra just now. Wanted to do something like this for a while but never got round to it. Seeing someone has already done it, gave me motivation.

Can I just ask, how did you run the cable from the door into the car? Did you do it behind the speaker and through the rubber grommet that joins to B pillar? Any chance you could explain or send a picture or two.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Thank you, I put the cable from the interior light, along the A-pillar. From there into the plug door. So you can disconnect the connection later. Alternatively, you can put the cable over the plug door. Disadvantage, cable connection can not be disconnected in case of repair. Remove speaker, then you can attach the cable and pull through the rubber seal. Driver's door is the worst, the rest is riding Ponny. The trim of the B-pillar must be removed and the sill raised. The picture with the way of the cable is not nice, but is enough. For the cutout of the lights, I had built a template, so you do not need to measure constantly and the drawing is easier. You only have to pull a cable (12V). - is available in the doors. If there are any questions, just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great. How did you remove the B pillar? Im really struggling with it. Did you remove all of it or just a part? And did you start from the top or bottom?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts