Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As with any new purchase, I feel the need to ask the wider community a question or two haha.

When depressing the brake pedal while on the move, I feel an ever so slight click in the pedal at the very top of the travel. Is this just a switch operating?

One of my wing mirrors makes a clicking noise when pushing in too, as if I'm just hearing the ratchet. Will this loosen up over time?

Otherwise, all good. I love the thing!

Cheers,
Mike.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mirror - will remain like this, some cars have that, some dont. U might ask your dealership, but i doubt they will do much.

As for pedal, u can apply a bit grease at the pedal joint in your foot well ;) get your head down to the pedals and u will understand what im talking about ;) Mine was also making slight "click" but i applied some lithium grease from my road bike and all is as good as new :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kristis. I'll mention it but I'm not overly bothered. As long as it's not going to fall off :lol:

I might have a look at the pedal, again doesn't really bother me, as long I know there isn't something wrong with it haha. Thanks again.

How do you find the heated steering wheel? Does it get hot or just a bit warm?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'd say its comfortably hot. It's hotter then most of my previous cars, but it's temp seems to be spot on and probably the first heating system where it heats most of the touch area, unlike others :) For example BMW and Lexus only recently started heating the top section of the wheel, but even now, not all the models have it. For is also not heating the top section (at least Focus) :D

Some grease will help with the pedals, it's really nothing bad in there. Just don't use lube like wd40 (or similar), it will contaminate the area pretty quick and will lead to some long term problems :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah a lot of the wheel does seem to heat up. It seems pretty quick to heat up too. I'll have to try it on some colder mornings as it's been quite mild here since picking it up.

Cool ok thanks :). Might have a look over the weekend.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree, it is really fast and feels like just the right temperature. I really like it.

The manual says, "The recommended grip areas of the steering wheel are heated quicker and to a higher temperature than the other areas."

I definitely noticed this the first week I had the car but the grip area now seems cooler than the rest of the wheel. It's difficult to tell but I'm wondering if a connection has failed. I'm a little surprised it's failed on both sides but it might make sense if they share a common connection.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The top grip areas seem warmer on the outside of the wheel than the inside of it and the parts which should be warmer are warmer on mine. I guess I can't feel the full effect of it yet as it's not really been cold lol.

Another thing I've noticed, the brake pedal operates the lights even though the key is out of the ignition. This never happened in my Corsa but I assume this is normal on the Astra?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kristis said:
This is normal with all the cars :) Its strange that your Corsa didnt do that :)
Strange, maybe it did and I never noticed but I'm sure it didn't haha. Oh well all good then, thanks! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts