Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pleased with the car. Had a couple of motorway runs (200-250 miles) with the majority of miles being b roads to and from the office. Car is showing average of 74.6 for the 1000 miles, which based on previous experience will be about 4 mpg lower - I'll find out when I fill up today for the second time - I use an app to track brim to brim (or three clicks to three clicks now based upon forum notes).

I downsized from an Insignia to the new Astra and have been very impressed with the new car on the motorways (something the Insignia was good at) and also the load space. I race bikes, at a strictly amateur level, and need to get a fair bit of kit into the car. So far the only difference between the two is that I now have to take the front wheel off before putting the bike in the car.

The technology in the car is pretty well thought out and works well for me - love the parking pack with rear view camera and the driver assistance options. In the Insignia I had a Garmin sat nav but in the Astra I use google maps linked to the On-Star Wifi, again this working well.
The Android Auto inclusion is a massive step forward compared to the Insignia, I had invested in the Intellilink system that GM were going to add an app store for and develop etc but they never did, the inclusion of Android Auto and Apple Carplay is a positive step for the new Astra in my opinion.

Gave the car it's first wash yesterday, the new alloys are much easier to clean than the Insignia, another bonus! :D

Big tests this year will be a family (4 of us) holiday to Wales, hoping to do without the option of a roof box, but will see.

So far so good in the short time I've had it.

Still think I've picked the best colour :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on MPG 63 returned by brim to brim, thats a big difference to the 73 listed by the car. I will check on here further as I think others have noted this and there is something that can be done to make the reading more accurate.

Thanks for reply ZappyPayload

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine is showing 0.6ltr off the onboard display (car shows 6.1ltr / 100km) while actal consumption i 6.7ltr / 100km (advertised is 5.1ltr / 100km, but thats whole different story i guess) :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kristis said:
Mine is showing 0.6ltr off the onboard display (car shows 6.1ltr / 100km) while actal consumption i 6.7ltr / 100km (advertised is 5.1ltr / 100km, but thats whole different story i guess) :)
on mine it seems to consistently use ten percent more fuel then the mpg indicator indicates if that makes sense

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update after a couple more refills - next one showing 73MPG but brim to brim showed 67MPG and the latest showed 74MPG but brim ti brim was 68MPG.
Pleased with the MPG overall as only got a max of 27MPG brim to brim in last car, Insignia.

Yes, the car MPG is not near the brim to brim MPG but it is getting closer as the engine becomes more ecinomical where it is loosening up. Currently at a shade over 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
SamD said:
Update after a couple more refills - next one showing 73MPG but brim to brim showed 67MPG and the latest showed 74MPG but brim ti brim was 68MPG.
Pleased with the MPG overall as only got a max of 27MPG brim to brim in last car, Insignia.
Tell me about it, Sam!! I used to have 1.7CDTi 'J' before this one and that returned, on average, only around 60 mpg. Prior to that, I had a Subaru Impreza and that gave about the same figures as your Insignia. With my 'K", which I've had for nearly two weeks now, I'm getting 39-45 mpg. Considering it has very nearly the same performance as the Subaru, that's truly amazing! :)

Got a long run to Cardiff and back Sat / Sun, so I'll be interested to see what figures it returns for that journey!

·
Registered
856 Posts
cooldad said:
With my 'K", which I've had for nearly two weeks now, I'm getting 39-45 mpg.
Hi

Is that calculated from petrol receipts or from the car computer? I have the same model as you and the best I get calculated is 34mpg the car computer shows 41mpg. Mine has now done just over 4000 miles.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's good with so powerful an engine CoolDad - do you drive digital throttle? :lol:

Paulch - I use an app on my Android using brim to brim - MPG Calculator. Not sure how Cooldad gets his figures but am sure he will reply.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kristis said:
I guess 10% error margin is in all Astra's
The error margin on my 1.7 CDTi J is about 20%! It's been in for numerous reprograms and even had the IPC replaced and still wasn't resolved.

Hopefully it'll be more accurate when I receive my 1.6 CDTi K.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Insignia was always 4MPG up on what brim to brim showed. I guess it's not just vauxhalls either - I think most cars used a calculated value rather than sensed value?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally hit (for me) the magical 70mpg with brim to brim.
Yes it was 3 motorway trips but happy with that as only 3k on the clock and the engine is still loosening up i suppose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.