Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite fancy the 18 inch bi colour wheels if and when I get round to ordering an Astra, but haven't found any local dealers who can show me some. They look good in the brochure, but it's never the same as seeing them for real in daylight. Anyone who's got them, are you pleased with the choice, and is there any trade off in terms of ride hardness, etc. compared with the standard 17 inch wheels?

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking Power Red. Seen plenty of photos, but want to see them in the flesh first, and also people's views who have them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1900sr said:
Take a trip down to Spalding, Taylors have got a demonstrator diesel SRi in red with 18" alloys.
I might have to do something like that. I've tried all over Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster but there seems to be a serious lack of variety around these parts at the moment. Almost everybody only has a standard 1.4 SRi in black as a demonstrator. Never been to Spalding, is it worth a day out?

Interested to hear if anyone has any opinions of the ride comfort with the 18 inch wheels.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Steel_Blade said:
1900sr said:
Take a trip down to Spalding, Taylors have got a demonstrator diesel SRi in red with 18" alloys.
I might have to do something like that. I've tried all over Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster but there seems to be a serious lack of variety around these parts at the moment. Almost everybody only has a standard 1.4 SRi in black as a demonstrator. Never been to Spalding, is it worth a day out?

Thanks.
It's only a small town, not really a lot locally, a small factory outlet centre, a Romany museum, a few local type museums. Some nice architecture. If you do decide to come down give Lance a call to make sure they've still got the demonstrator 01775 723391.

It might be worth emailing a few dealers who are a bit closer to see what they've got.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I see a lot of people with the red astra but I am not a fan. Pay the extra for a metallic colour. I love the pop I get when I wash mine. I have the carbon flash. It has a lovely glittery speckle through it. I have the 17'' alloys and I feel they look good and give a comfortable ride. I was tempted by the 18's but they will be a nightmare to clean. The 17's have plenty of room to get your wheel woollies between and easy to clean in behind the spokes. I love a clean car! It must be the job im in though, in a funeral director. We love nice shiny cars!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm with you there . I do like the red but I prefer a metallic or this time a pearlescent colour. I have 18 inch alloys on my Mokka and it makes for expensive tyres so happy with 17's on the Astra.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love the red, just a shame lots of other people seem to as well. Mind you, a popular colour is always going to be easier to resell. I'd normally go metallic, but with the K I didn't think any of the colour choices were worth paying extra for. I think Royal Blue looks like it'll be a rare colour though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts