Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Astra 1.6T VX-Line Nav - Sovereign Silver
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got rid of my 1.4T which had suffered LSPI a few months back. Thankfully no affect on the trade in price.

Saw this online on Thursday night, went to see it on my lunch break yesterday and bought it, collected today. Absolutely love this colour, it was an optional extra, two coat metallic sovereign silver. 1.6T VX-Line Navs are rare enough, so to get this specific optional colour I could have been waiting months to find another one.

Thinking of getting the wheels done in satin black and get some wind deflectors on, potentially a spoiler too and considering 4D private plates eventually. I think I love this enough to make it my own and keep it quite a few years as long as it holds up better than my 1.4T.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
311 Posts
That’s a beautiful colour ,I’m sure you’ll enjoy the extra oomph.Black wheels though?.personally I dislike black wheels as they just don’t stand out,they sort of blend,what about a nice gunmetal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s a beautiful colour ,I’m sure you’ll enjoy the extra oomph.Black wheels though?.personally I dislike black wheels as they just don’t stand out,they sort of blend,what about a nice gunmetal.
Yeah good point, I'll have to consider that. I'd been thinking black because I was originally set on a grey car and gunmetal might have clashed, but on silver it'll look good.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Think I could live with the gun-metal look on the wheels but deffo not black. Beauty as always though is in the eye of the beholder. I'm just glad you got sorted Mark. Not the best start to ownership of a new car with your last one, hopefully this will one will keep you smiling (y)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm going to give it a few months before I do anything to it and have a proper think. I'll probably just get the wheels done in a gunmetal sort of finish and leave the rest, as others have said it looks good as it is and doesn't really need extra bits and pieces added. Think it was just a bit of my inner 17 year old coming out, wanting to modify it like I did with my little Saxo, but there's just no need.

I didn't know if it was going to feel much difference to my 1.4 but wow the drive to work today was fun! That extra 50bhp certainly makes a different, such a lovely car to drive.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I didn't know if it was going to feel much different to my 1.4 but wow the drive to work today was fun! That extra 50bhp certainly makes a different, such a lovely car to drive.
Exactly my experience as well Mark, I didn't think 50bhp in a car would make that much difference but boy, how wrong I was. I'm glad I'm in my senior years now and have left all my speeding behind me otherwise I reckon I wouldn't have a licence now. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I didn't know if it was going to feel much difference to my 1.4 but wow the drive to work today was fun! That extra 50bhp certainly makes a different, such a lovely car to drive.
I remember taking a 1.6T out from my local dealer as I was interested in a used one they had at a different branch & wanted to get rid of my 1.4T 150 due to concerns over reliability and all the stripped off bits.

To say the performance was different was an understatement! Pulling onto a major dual carriageway A road in 4th gear the car just flew - biggest smile I've had in a modern car!
Needless to say, I bought the used one and haven't looked back since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts