Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Valer,
Very interested to see you have a Racechip. Where is that plugged in? I ask because you say you did an OBD based test, and I have a Tunit plug and play which plugs into the OBD port. It achieves about the same gains as your Racechip. How do you find it? I find a noticeable improvement though it's not completely consistent - sometimes it sort of overrevs and doesn't get the power down quite so well (I wondered e.g. if the specific fuel made a difference?)
Also, does your car have a sport button?
I dont think the Astras let changes happen to sensors via the OBD port. It definitely would not be fast enough to do in real time. Do you have a link to that chip? The racechip piggy backs in to 3 sensors on the car, one of which is the boost sensor at the bottom of the intercooler and it is a PAIN to get to! you unplug the sensors, plug those cables in to the racechip wiring loom and then plug the race chip in to the sensors.

I do not have a sport button on my model.

·
Registered
2018 1.6T SRi VX-Line
15 Posts
I dont think the Astras let changes happen to sensors via the OBD port. It definitely would not be fast enough to do in real time. Do you have a link to that chip? The racechip piggy backs in to 3 sensors on the car, one of which is the boost sensor at the bottom of the intercooler and it is a PAIN to get to! you unplug the sensors, plug those cables in to the racechip wiring loom and then plug the race chip in to the sensors.

I do not have a sport button on my model.
Hi, thanks very much for your reply; apologies for delay in getting back.
Mmm...what you say (about the OBD port) is not music to my ears. Here is the Tunit link:

(they don't have the K in their records but this J is the same engine I think)

Can I possibly speak to you about this?. You can drop me a text if you prefer I call you.

All Best

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Mmm...what you say (about the OBD port) is not music to my ears. Here is the Tunit link:

Can I possibly speak to you about this?. You can drop me a text if you prefer I call you.

All Best
@Anstruther I've edited your phone number from your thread above, for privacy reasons. If you want to contact someone on here, probably best that you send them a p.m;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

All Best
The engines on the J and K are not identical. That box will be the same as the racechip and piggy back over some of the sensors and not just plug in to the OBD. You definitely can not live manipulate the sensors via the OBD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts