Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had oil leak near sump area? Been in for healthcheck which picked it up. It's nearer the nearside. I can't see anything & no damage. It's in on Tues anyway. Will be pushing FOC as have ext warranty, if covers it and only 5 wks out of main warranty. Best pic can get
Black Communication Device Comfort Font Darkness

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Worth noting went in for service 6 weeks ago so looking at this image may be the oil filter as in same area (I think)
White Automotive tire Cartoon Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
854 Posts
Worth noting went in for service 6 weeks ago so looking at this image may be the oil filter as in same area (I think)
Be aware that the picture you've posted Gitto is for the 1400 engine. The 1600 has a cartridge-type filter, not a screw-on one:-

Gesture Font Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Shaky. I did just grap at any image. Looking at your image the filter looks alot lower so doubt it's that. Poss oil cooler maybe. Will find out on Tues. Very coincidentally had service 6 wks ago though!

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if the extended warranty covers it? I'm presuming it's the vaux extended one that you have? I have that too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'll be interesting to see if the extended warranty covers it? I'm presuming it's the vaux extended one that you have? I have that too.
It is. If it's a seal it won't be covered that's for sure. I'll be pushing for VX to foot it or a contribution with it being 5 wks out of full warranty. As I said it was only in for service not long ago so somewhat suspect. I'll let ya know the fault come Tues

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is. If it's a seal it won't be covered that's for sure. I'll be pushing for VX to foot it or a contribution with it being 5 wks out of full warranty. As I said it was only in for service not long ago so somewhat suspect. I'll let ya know the fault come Tues
And let's face it, unless it's the oil filter it's gonna be a seal!!!!

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well either way, should should have a good chance receiving a good will gesture towards the repair, having it serviced by vauxhall too.
I once had an oil leak on a previous K, noticed it around a month after they'd (dealer), serviced it, after putting it on ramps myself to inspect it. They hadn't tightened up the oil filter enough:ROFLMAO:Was on my previous 1.6d. They offered to top the oil up for me for free, I said I wasn't happy. They replaced the oil and filter for free. So they should, considering I'd previously paid them to do the job.
Just checked the terms and conditions of vauxhalls complete cover, does not state that seals are not covered, but does state that gaskets and filters are not covered.
Font Paper Paper product Symmetry Document

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair point. A gasket ain't a seal. So it's crankshaft seal. Quoted me £270 and they don't think covered under ext warranty. I made them call VX who came back with the will fix for free as goodwill gesture, not through ext warranty.I think this is because I left poor review on vx survey after last visit as had email from VX saying does solution provided by dealer resolved issue

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fair point. A gasket ain't a seal. So it's crankshaft seal. Quoted me £270 and they don't think covered under ext warranty. I made them call VX who came back with the will fix for free as goodwill gesture, not through ext warranty.I think this is because I left poor review on vx survey after last visit as had email from VX saying does solution provided by dealer resolved issue
It is a tad concerning that seal has gone as only covered 28k. I had noticed a humming noise so be interesting to see if still there

Reactions: Hector Hound
1 - 11 of 11 Posts