Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Astra K 1.6 110
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have astra k 1.6 110 and warm up very very slow, or never when i drive only in my little town she can't never go to 90 degrees. Now is -6 -7 degrees outside. When i bought the astra Opel changed my water pump and the thermostat, that was before a year. And it was good in the summer, but now it is not.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This engine is generally slow to warm up over the winter period, typically it would take ove 10 miles of driving for my previous Astra K 1.6d to fully warm up when driving conditions were below 0.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agree with boroboy - if you drive gently and follow the gear suggestions on the dash it can take 25/30mins of driving to get warm when it’s freezing outside.

i have a 15mile commute and the only reason I get up to temp on the way in is because of a huge hill in the middle, way home, it often won’t get to temp in these temps unless I leave the revs up. But it’s not the end of the world - atleast there is an electric cabin heater!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The 2.0cdti engine within the Astra J takes even longer to warm up :ROFLMAO:
I found getting both engines up to motorway speed the quickest way of getting them warmed up faster, although this is not always possible, dependent on where you live and driving conditions related to cold weather driving conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts