Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to bother my dealer with this just yet, but my Astra has a rough and fluctuating idle + feels rough when flat out going up hill or overtaking. Car has currently 380km so it might be because it needs to break in, which i think my dealer will tell me too before even looking into it.

So, are your 150 also feeling like they are miss firing on idle or under full load? If yes, when did it go away?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some 250km journey today and after it, it was feeling a bit better... But after 3hrs i needed to go again and that RPM fluctuation, stuttering and "miss-fire" feeling is back. This is really odd

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wonder if putting a fuel treatment into the tank will help to clear things out?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will try my next fill up with 98 premium, but i doubt it's fuel. Was your smooth running when u first picked it up?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Picked my 1.4/150 up on Friday the past week, has covered about 300km so far but has not experienced any rough idle or misfires at all.

I'd definately take it to a dealer and let them check pending fault codes or similar.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So im back, been told all was good and those misfires are normal with opel, funny thing was that engine was way smoother when it usually is and i received that "...that noob, probably has no idea about the cars too" look :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts