Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been covered but is or will there be any scope for a remap , I heard a rumour it was looking iffy due to the encryption of the ecu ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
We have 2 in Denmark (that I how of) who had theirs remapped, and the result is 184hp and 320Nm by the same company.
I've already scheduled a time by him when I get mine in week 9 ;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Unless it's someone like superchips I would leave well alone espcially if the car is still under 10k miles...at least give the engine time to run in a little

·
Registered
48 Posts
JJ-Yorks said:
Unless it's someone like superchips I would leave well alone espcially if the car is still under 10k miles...at least give the engine time to run in a little
see i was wondering this about running the car in,i get conflicting information vauxhall said it does not need run in but i find that strange

·
Registered
834 Posts
somervillearron said:
JJ-Yorks said:
see i was wondering this about running the car in,i get conflicting information vauxhall said it does not need run in but i find that strange
Its not just about letting the engine run in a little, as the car is still relatively new and under warranty I would expect any engine/gearbox/niggles to arise within the first 10k miles...I have had all my cars remapped by superchips for the last 20 years with no issues but you need to bear in mind that unless you can use a Bluefin where you can upload the original map back into the ecu yourself then Vauxhall would probably find out the car had been remapped. It is now common practice for them to send the ecu away for investigation should you present them with a big claim, such as an engine replacement or gearbox replacement...but note, the dealer cannot identify that a remap has taken place, or should I say they didn't use to be able to as you never know this may have changed with the new ecu's they are using.

Maybe Vauxhall Tec's on here maybe able to throw a little more light on this.

End of the day it depends how much your warranty is worth to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts